Attended the SHINE Youth Festival 2012 Media Conference yesterday with a group of bloggers :)
If you don't know what's SHINE Youth Festival...shame on you. Ok just kidding never too late to find out!
"SHINE Youth Festival is a platform for youths between the age of 15 and 35 to indulge in their passion. The initiative celebrates youths’ creativity and dynamism and encourages them to use SHINE Youth Festival as the stage to demonstrate their energy and grow their skills and talents."
Was late but they started even later. Phew.
The event started off with a dance performance by John and Denience Glee Studios (Pitch to SHINE finalist)!
Pitch to SHINE awardee!
Just fyi, Pitch to SHINE was launched early this year to identify and fund youth projects that promote worthy causes and make a difference in the community.
SHINE Youth Festival is held in the designated Youth Month in July (I never knew there was a designated Youth Month lololol) and it's June now so continue reading to know some of the exciting activities (I chose 5 out of the dozens) you can look forward to for the upcoming month!!
1. Catch Luminance! from 23June to 1July (7pm to midnight) at SCAPE. It's a Youth Art Light Festival featuring imaginative, thought-provoking art pieces!
2. Don't miss COSMO 2012 (30 June, 5:30PM at Civic Plaza, Ngee Ann City), where hundreds of youths and pretty girls and and volunteers come transformed in their favourite characters! For Jayesslee fans, READ THIS! This event will be headlined by the duo!!
3. Watch top yoyo performers battle out at the SYYC & APYC (Yoyo Competition) from 13 to 15 July at Hougang Mall Atrium.
4. Head down to Operation Smile Carnival, an inaugural charity carnival which serves to empower youth, on 21 July (11am to 6pm) at Youth Park!
5. Join in the dance festival, The Big Groove Master Classes Workshops held from the 26th to 28th of July, at O School Studios @ SCAPE and attend workshops conducted by overseas dance instructors!
Find out what are the other activities on their website http://shine.nyc.sg!
You may also PLEDGE TO SHINE on their website (remember to register an account first!) and stand to win an Alienware X51.
Photo with the bloggers. From Uncle Teh Peng (http://www.uncletehpeng.com)!